Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Moonlit Walk



 The days here in Florence are numbered leaving only the option to enjoy every last bit. The other night Kirsten, Sarah, Cate and I went for a walk around Florence; we had been to Piazzale Michaelangelo, and the river before, but not at night. We climbed the many steps to the overlook, and breathed in a magical view. Since we were in no hurry, on our way back over the Pontevechio, we sat while a street artist strummed his guitar. The fog smoothed the glowing streetlights, music echoed on the river, and there was nothing more beautiful in that moment.

Life in Florence has taught me to take life slow, be in the moment, and never say no to an adventure. There is a contagious peace, and relaxed attitude about the Italians and it has become a part of me, changing my life for the better. Thank you Italy for reminding me to slow down and not take for granted this beautiful, wonderful life which is a gift from God. 




No comments:

Post a Comment